[thelist] MP3 Player [Unbelievably OT]

Matthew Fischer mfischer at e-fishsolutions.com
Thu Feb 22 10:55:44 CST 2001

> > Related question that does relate to the website construction
> > industry: Is there a utility that can add/edit mp3 ID tags en masse?

Tag & Rename from http://www.softpointer.com can edit tags en masse, and can also rename files based on tags (i.e., rename a group of files to title-artist.mp3, removing all spaces and changing all text to lowercase). You can rename using any scheme you want, it has tokens you insert in the rename formula for Artist, Title, Album, Year, Genre, Comment and Track Number.

It can also create ID3v1 tags from the ID3v2 tag, or vice-versa. Well worth the $14.95 shareware fee, I used it to clean up/add the tags on about 1,200 .mp3's before transferring them to my brand-spankin' new Nomad Jukebox, and it was much less painful then I thought it was going to be :-).