[thelist] Opera Technology Preview for Mac <finally>; TheChat? evolt at sxsw?

Joe Crawford {From the iBook} jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Feb 22 12:40:14 CST 2001

I've personally been waiting for this one for (riffles through web to
out of date resume --- 3 - 3.25 years! ), years. I was still at ARCO
when I filled out the "I would be interested to see Opera on the Mac"
form on opera.com.

    http://www.opera.com/download/mac.html

Renders things quickly, nice and trim (relatively) download. Does
JavaScript nicely, does style sheets nicely from what I can tell.
Disappointing rendering of pre-existing dhtml stuff (partly beta bugs?
partly differences in standards support/implementation). *Love* the
images on/images off feature -- nice way to check the accessibility of a
page for alt tags. Also love the zoom feature where you can adjust the
page from 20% to 1000%. You can make your site huge! Or "take a step
back" and see it from a distance. Nice.

Worth a look for you Mac fans; And clearly a long time coming.

And hey, there are versions of Opera for Windows, Linux, BeOS, and EPOC
(EPOC?)

Check it out at:
    http://www.opera.com/

    - Joe <aka http://artlung.com>

p.s.: 2 questions - how do I sign up for "thechat" (and should that be on
thesite somewhere? -- and what's the word on evolt.org members and SXSW?
Time's a getting close! I searched for some names in the sxsw.com directory
but didn't find any evolters I recognized.

Also, another link: http://www.sxswb.com/

Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com