[thelist] Opera Technology Preview for Mac <finally>; TheChat? evolt at sxsw?

Charles F. Johnson charles at littlegreenfootballs.com
Thu Feb 22 12:59:29 CST 2001

Joe Crawford {From the iBook} <jcrawford at avencom.com> typed:

> http://www.opera.com/download/mac.html
>
> Renders things quickly, nice and trim (relatively) download. Does
> JavaScript nicely, does style sheets nicely from what I can tell.

i've been waiting for this one too, and it looks very promising indeed. nice
interface, very speedy, very compact. it's a Good Thing that Mac folks now
have another browser to kick around, especially one that promises to support
W3C standards. iCab is nice, but its lack of CSS support is a real
show-stopper (for me, anyway).

but i've already discovered a problem with font sizes, on our weblog page:

http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/weblog.php

the code is validated HTML 4.01, and the stylesheet is validated CSS-1, but
for some reason Opera is showing the body text on that page about 2 pixel
sizes smaller than it should, even though the stylesheet specifies font
sizes in pixels. any idea why this might be? (i should probably just chalk
it up to bugs in the pre-beta release...)

charles johnson
lgf web design
http://littlegreenfootballs.com