[thelist] Javascript problem in IE 4.5 Mac

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Thu Feb 22 15:22:59 CST 2001

Not sure about the general functionality of your scripting and where it
should be placed in the document for Mac IE 4.5 to like it...
but...
Mac IE 4.5 will not detect plugins with javascript at all. You will also
discover that Mac IE 4.5 also has some layout bugs with flash. It tends to
add extra padding to the top and left of the movie.

On your non-flash page include a link that directs users to the flash page
'in case they have arrived at this page in error'
> I have this javascript that detects flash and writes
> the flash into the page if the user has it, and writes
> a static version if the user doesn't have it. It works
> fine on every browser except IE 4.5 on the mac, which
> doesn't display the the flash or the static version,
> it displays nothing.

-- Michael
-O^O-
 -