[thelist] ASP frustrations

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usaiss.com
Fri Feb 23 11:46:46 CST 2001

It really comes down to how you are updating the database table.  Are you
using straight SQL, or an rs.Update (or rs.Insert) method.
If records are being overwritten it sounds like an update (alter existing
record) method is being called, instead of an insert (new record) method.

Perhaps you should consider altering the table directly with SQL syntax as
opposed to relying on the particular methods.
Comment out the database update or insert calls and Response.Write as many
of your variables as possible.  This allows you to see whats about to be
written to the database as well as when.

--Salvatore Palmisano
Chief Information Officer
International Security Solutions, Inc.
spalmisano at usaiss.com