[thelist] CF on Unix... file upload problems...

walker walker at sdproductions.com
Fri Feb 23 12:02:31 CST 2001

Thanks Judith-

I had the directory permissions changed and now its working swimmingly.

I don't think I owe a tip, but here's one anyway.

<tip type="quick table from coldfusion query" author="walker">
Want a quick abstracted table layout for a query? Its a little more
expensive on server resources than a hardcoded table because of the
evaluate calls, and it isn't the most flexible (when you want to add links
on a particluar column) but it makes debugging a snap, and keeps your look
and feel consistent.

Create a file with from the following code: (I called it quick_table.cfm)

begin quick_table.cfm
         <cfoutput>
                 <cfloop list="#evaluate('#init_query_name#.columnlist')#"
index="i">
                 </cfloop>
         </cfoutput>
         <cfoutput query="#init_query_name#">
                         <cfloop
list="#evaluate('#init_query_name#.columnlist')#" index="i">
                         </cfloop>
         </cfoutput>
end quick_table.cfm

then in your code, after you have called your query, include the file you
just created, but pass it the name of the query first....

<cfquery name="getusers" datasource="datasource">
select * from users
</cfquery>

<cfset init_query_name="getusers">
<cfinclude template="quick_table.cfm">