[thelist] Parsing Thru XML Response from Surepay

Chris Montgomery monty at astutia.com
Fri Feb 23 13:07:16 CST 2001

Howdy,

I figured out how to generate an XML document to be sent to Surepay's site
via CFHTTP Post (from Robi Sen's tutorial "Creating XML with ColdFusion" at
http://famine.granularity.net/xml/) and it seems to be going thru (no errors
generated). What I need to do now is somehow grab the response XML document
that gets returned by Surepay's site and parse thru that for some data
fields to store in a database.

Can anyone explain how to "grab" the response document? Is this returned as
cfhttp.filecontent? If so, I get an error when trying to display
cfhttp.filecontent and I don't know where it's being generated:

"Error processing XML request
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No xml request posted"

Chris Montgomery             monty at astutia.com

Web Development & Consulting http://www.astutia.com
Allaire Consulting Partner
210-490-3249/888-745-7603    Fax 210-490-4692
AIM: astutiaweb; ICQ: 7381282; Firetalk: Ag78