[thelist] Netscape 6 Liquid Table Bug

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Feb 23 14:57:16 CST 2001

>I'm not thrilled about nesting the tables I have at my site, just for
>this rare NN6 quirk! Do weird stuff just for NN4...now do different
>weird stuff for NN6, to make up for the weird stuff you did for NN4!

hi elly

agreed you shouldn't have to nest tables just for one particular browser,
but without getting into the discussion of whether to sniff for browsers,
code workarounds for them, or whether to use tables at all (another thread
for another day...), if there is any concern about nesting tables too deep,
have a look at the stress tests at
http://mozilla.org/newlayout/testcases/stress/ -- the "Massively nested
tables" page loads pretty quickly (the "10,000 cell table with text and
color in each cell" page took a bit longer, but i'm on a 33.6 modem)

another concern about tables is that browsers get confused by complex
tables, but this is often due to an overload of colspans and rowspans

rudy