[thelist] [OT?] Mp3 Scheduler for Radio Station?

Charles Wilson cw_com me at charlesw.com
Sat Feb 24 15:03:32 CST 2001

Charles:
Thanks William, but shoutcast and icecast are internet broadcasting
technologies.  We already have the radio station, (broadcasting equipment,
etc.) We don't need to stream on the net right now, but we do need music
scheduling software to arrange when we want to play which songs.
I will be just running a line from the 'Line out' from the soundcard to the
mixing board.

From: William Anderson <neuro at well.com>

Charles:
> > Does anyone know of a program to [easily] schedule mp3 files according
> > times?
> >
> > Some friends of mine have a college radio station with no budget. But,
> they
> > have a pc  with an 8 gig SCSI drive in just sitting there, with no one
> > love it.

William:
> /me is loving his 30gig MP3 drive right now :)

Charles:
> > I want to help them constantly broadcast via mp3 files. I thought about
> > Winamp or Music match, but they don't necessarily help with putting in
> short
> > messages, scheduling things, etc.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas?

William: