[thelist] CSS Tip, for the helluvit

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Sat Feb 24 17:32:18 CST 2001

No doubt my balance of tips is less-than-admirable, so I'll contribute
something that I just discovered.

<tip type="CSS: float" author="Ben Henick">
Those of you who've tried to align images properly in NN4 know that NN4's
handling of the float property in normal CSS leaves a great deal to be
desired (hehe).

So, you link to an external stylesheet (type=css/javascript) containing
the following statement:

document.classes.Whatever.all.align = "right";
//'Whatever' is replaced with the identifier of your choice, as is the
//supplied argument

Just make sure to put your images inside the appropriate DIV.
</tip>

When I applied this in NN4.5 it worked beautifully.

God, I hate Netscape 4.

Now I'll nip off and start applying these changes across the site I'm
building.  Yum.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large
persist1 at io.com

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."
"We will disguise ourselves as a cow."
"Oh!" (giggles) "That was it exactly!"