[thelist] CFJava

Charles Wilson cw_com me at charlesw.com
Sat Feb 24 19:33:48 CST 2001

Those java .cab files your browser is trying to download have to do with the
java applets on the page; probably CFGrid, CFSlider, etc.  Are you sure you
have nothing related to Java on the page you are calling?  I haven't heard
anything about Java .CAB files trying to be downloaded even if there is no
java on the page.  You might want to check http://forums.allaire.com/ and
try searching (click "Search" at top of page)

If you do find some java on the page:
CF's Java tags/ applets require the cab file to be installed, and thus the
browser trys to download them.

If you are using CFForm, you can specify EnableCab="No" in the starting
CFForm tag so that people will not be asked to download the file.

Example: <CFFORM Action="" Method="" EnableCab="No/Yes">

If the applets are being used somewhere outside of the form, then I'd just
suggest not using them.

Would you report to us what you find?

-Charles Wilson