[thelist] Funny and frightening browser hack (fwd)

Naju V continuouspark at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 14:06:20 CST 2001

Actually, I've seen a lot of people fall for this clever trick.
This article (http://www.counterpane.com/crypto-gram-0102.html#7) gives more
details about how it works and calls it a "semantic attack" because it
targets people and meaning to create confusion (how human parse URLs, in
this case) rather than computer sintax (via buffer overflows, for instance).