[thelist] WebReview responds to WaSP browser death march

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser at skdesigns.com
Sun Feb 25 21:01:20 CST 2001

Hi,

I'd love to hear what you and anyone else thinks of the WebReview
editorial and the WaSP Browser Upgrade Initiative project, too. I'm
asking out of my own interest in how the design community (and anyone
else) feels about this issue -- not to pass judgment one way or the
other. We're all entitled to our opinions. I think it would be good to
know how everyone feels.

We're truly up against so much trying to get the general public,
businesses, etc. to upgrade computers, software, etc. They may not see
the point, and some might. Overall it would be great if everyone could
have the latest and greatest, but I also don't think that's realistic.

With my own business, my clients expect me to make their sites viewable
at least with version 4.x browsers, and they don't want to lose sales
over this, of course. And WaSP totally understands that. They would like
as many people as possible to participate in this and speed up the death
of 4.x browsers. I look forward to that myself.

So it is a hopeless cause, hopeful cause, somewhere in between, you
don't care? I'd love to know what anyone thinks.

Warmly,
Shirley
--
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.