[thelist] WYSIWYG editors (was: WebReview responds to WaSP)

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Mon Feb 26 11:29:36 CST 2001

I use ImageReady 2.0 to do a lot of my rollovers and slicing.  However, I
have never been able to use it without some modifications of the resulting
code.  For example, it always puts the entire page in one table (anyone know
how to not have it do this?) when often I want to have more than one.  Also,
if there is even one pixel difference in a slice when using the mouse-over
feature, IR will cause the swapout of graphics, even if the slice is not
part of your mouse-over effect.  Finally, IR does not generate liquid pages
automatically, so I am always having to change the generated code to account
for this.

All that said, I still find IR indispensible for my work, but like any tool,
one must understand what it can do and what it cannot.

HTH,

Norman
www.craftedsolutions.com