[OT]Re: [thelist] ZapMe!

Roger L. Waggener waggener at ezl.com
Mon Feb 26 15:32:52 CST 2001

<OT>
>This is a personal opinion...
>The tone of this article was infuriating!
Agreed.

>I personally would want advertisers to know as much as they want
>about me
To each his own, Dude, but we definitely *don't* agree here.

>And what's with the quote by Nader, "This is borderline child
>abuse".
>Stubborn whitehouse-stealing bastard!
Do you have kids, Ryan?
I do. He's not in school yet, but the idea of my son unasked,
unwittingly, and (his dad, anyway) unwillingly acting as a cog
in the capital/corporate marketing machine as the price for
net access in school is, to me, unconscionable.

Besides, aren't these the guys who gave all these "zapme"
computers to a bunch of schools for "free" and then, when they
weren't getting enough revenue from their plan, just up and
took'em back?

Roger L. Waggener                                 waggener at ezl.com
Every age is fed on illusions, lest men should renounce life early
and the human race come to an end. -Joseph Conrad