[thelist] WYSIWYG Editors (Previously WebReview responds to WaSP browser death march)

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 16:11:37 CST 2001

> From: Andrew Forsberg <andrew at thepander.co.nz>
> Subject: [thelist] Re: WebReview responds to WaSP browser death march

> WYSIWY(Almost Never)G tools are almost a crutch for learning how to
> do your job properly

Really? What is my job, as you see it? I thought it was to turn out
user-friendly web sites that by hook or by crook also meet my clients' oft
misguided criteria. Despite their criteria, frequently.

> >  It's that I can't be bothered to change. I simply discount
> > validation as a criteria.
>
> Good for you... wonder what your sites will look like when browsers
> really do take validation seriously also?

'Bout the same as they look in NN6, I'd image: not pretty. On the other
hand, I can't contract to support a browser that doesn't yet exist. And
considering that two years is the approximate lifespan of a website before a
major overhaul/redesign, how pressing is this issue anyway?

I do agree at least in theory with the rest of your comments and points,
though :o)

--Bri