[thelist] Re: thelist digest, Vol 1 #1147 - 36 msgs

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Feb 27 20:33:09 CST 2001

>Could you please clarify what email that I sent :)  I subscribed to the
>lists at evolt.org but did not send emails as yet.  (Or at least I didn't
>think I had).

hi shelley

you did now   ;o)

don't worry about that one, i don't think it was directed at you

it looks like an autoresponder

hey, at least whoever set it up is on the digest, so we may only get this
once a day (until they catch on)

<tip>
here's one way to prevent netscape 4 (which has got to be the buggiest css
implementation ever -- check out richinstyle.com) from seeing styles meant
for, um, more capable browsers

      /* common stuff goes here */
      /* stuff you don't want netscape 4 to see goes here */

netscape 4 completely ignores the entire <style>...</style> if it's
anything other than media="screen"

media="all" will of course be honoured by more capable browsers

another way to shield netscape 4 is using @import, which it don't
understand neither

</tip>

rudy