[thelist] Unix shell scripting docs

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Wed Feb 28 09:40:38 CST 2001

Add that directory to your PATH enviornment variable..

[root at boxen /root]# export PATH=$PATH:/root/yourdirectoryhere

you should then be able to type the program name of any program sitting
in /root/yourdirectoryhere/ without having to type the full path.

If you want this to be persistant whenever you login, add it to your
.bash_profile file in your home directory, log out, back in, and it
should stick.

hth

.djc.