[thelist] menus without frames

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Feb 28 18:40:55 CST 2001

> > What I'd like to know is: can I with out frames load the
> menu from one file
> > and just put that code on every page so that i just update
> the menu one
> > place and it is then seen on all pages. Like style sheets
> only for content.

DreamWeaver calls this a library object. Create the object (your nav bar)
and apply it to your pages. If you change the original object, DW propogates
the changes across the files. Pretty slick.

You can also do this the cheap-n-easy way by using Server Side Includes. Do
you know if your webserver (hosting company, whatever) supports SSI?

> > This is my first post to this list so if I broke any sacred
> rules please
> > leave my bases intact.

nah, this is perfectly within what we're here for =) --thanks for posting

sgd