[thelist] JSP Vs. ASP

Asif Suria asifsuria at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 17:17:49 CST 2001

>Someone told
> me (I can not remember who now) that JSP and ASP
> were VERY similar.  Can
> anyone back this up?

ASP and JSP are similar in the sense that both have
the script integrated with the HTML. Initially Java
Servlets were used with static HTML pages just like
CGI does but after seeing the ASP model, sun
microsystems integrated the servlet into the static
HTML pages to create JSP.

Some people claim that JSP is faster than ASP but I
havent found a big performance difference between them
(I havent used JSP but have used servlets and have
recently started using ASP).