[thelist] IE6 "compatible mode" / PNG support

T.Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Sat Mar 3 17:59:55 CST 2001

At 10:25 AM 3/3/01 -0800, you wrote:
> > BTW, if you think people don't know about GIF/JPEG, you are very much
> > mistaken. Majority (and i don't mean 51%) knows. And you know they
> > do. :)
>
>         So you think the average user knows what a gif image is, what a
> jpeg image
>is, and cares anything about the difference? Sorry, I don't think so.

After returning I don't know how many images because they were saved in the
native scanner/digital image format, I'm with James Aylard on this one.

I really try to keep my *training* level at a place most people can
understand, but when folks try to send me their entire scanner's graphics
exe program, well, it's time to re-educate.

Now we have png? I've read a thing or two about png and I'm sure it's
/better/ than sliced bread, but I've got more practical things to learn
yet. I'll deal with png when it's more accepted.

FWIW
<TAbbey />