Size-O-Matic... Oh No! (was Re: [thelist] Tip - cross-browser resizer)

George Dillon evolt at georgedillon.com
Sat Mar 3 18:26:10 CST 2001

matt newell recommended pythoness's size-o-matic.

I'm afraid I have to strongly disagree.

To repeat an alarm I raised about size-o-matic on this list in December
(Size-O-Matic - something fishy 'bout it? 29/12/2000), be warned that
size-o-matic is a) adware/spyware (if you don't believe me check for a key
named "Ad Url" in your registry under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PythonessSoftware\WSizer\1.0\frmMain) and b) in
attempting to connect to its mother server it hogs CPU (90% or more on an
Athlon 800!).  These sins come to light when using a custom size.

Besides, the last time I looked, the pythoness page was down.

Instead try this:

Sizer
from: http://www.digitalrodent.com/itchy/uc/tools.htm
Version: 2.0 - Date: 1997 - Size: 23 kb
Resizes windows
Another tool for setting window sizes, Sizer is ultra slim, configurable and
sits in your tray and does the job nicely.

HTH

George Dillon