[thelist] BBEdit for PC?

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Mon Mar 5 17:24:10 CST 2001

on 3/5/01 6:15 PM, Paul Dewey at paul_dewey at hotmail.com wrote:

> Is there anything out there comparable to BBEdit for a PC User?  No I am not
> talking about Dreamweaver or TextPad.  Any software suggests would be of
> great help as I feel left out. :-(

I've lived in both environments, and I've come to really like ColdFusion
Studio (or Homesite) for working on a PC.  I've heard really good things
about Programmers File Editor (I might be wrong on the name) too.

BBEdit is something that one just gets used to - it's really a great editor,
and has lots of features that make managing a lot of files easy.  You won't
necessarily find the same features in the PC editors, but you'll find some
things BBEdit doesn't have.

I'm happy with either, but there are a lot of things that are just so easy
in BBEdit that I wouldn't want to have to live without it.

bob

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org