[thelist] Rollover code from evolt

Tony Grimes algrimes at acs.ucalgary.ca
Tue Mar 6 02:45:10 CST 2001

     I don't want to use Dreamweaver rollover code anymore and I remember
this code that Anthony posted a LOOONG time ago (address may wrap):

http://evolt.org/article/All_In_One_Simple_Rollover_JavaScript/17/343/index.html

Two questions (BTW, I'm a JavaScript dunderhead):

1) Is this code still current? IOW, is it dated, now that IE 5 and NN6 are
out? I'm looking for general cross browser/platform compatibility (4.0 is
low enough for me).

2) Does the code preload images? I remember a long discussion about
preloading regarding this (or related) code, but can't find the
original thread (I don't think I'd understand it anyway).

TIA

.tony