[thelist] frameborder=0

DC DC_the_gasman at Bigfoot.com
Wed Mar 7 04:01:40 CST 2001

>  ><frame frameborder="0">
>>(See http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/frames.html#h-16.2.2)
>
>nope, that <em>still</em> leaves a white border betwen the frames...
>
>i'm begining to think it can't be done.  here's my frameset

If your problem is that you cannot lose the frame borders despite
using the attributes which *should* lose them, this is something I
have encountered in some browsers, notably IE5/Mac. The only way I
could get rid of the frame borders was to remove the <!doctype>
declaration.

I discovered this when in desperation I rebuilt a page from the
ground up, starting with just <html>,<head> and the frameset tags -
as I added elements, everything worked absolutely perfectly until I
inserted the <!doctype>, when the white borders reappeared....

DC