[thelist] Tweaking Dreamweaver code (was Homesite vs Dreamweaver)

mccreath mccreath at ak.net
Thu Mar 8 08:27:43 CST 2001

Hi, Mark --

In addition to the stuff Ben has already mentioned, most of the tweaking
that I do is adding attributes, specifically things like "tabindex" and
"accesskey" to form elements. The other frequent one is removing the space
from a spacer gif's "alt" attribute. Since DW doesn't insert an empty "alt"
by default (alt=""), it's necessary to at least type in a [space] character,
then go back in and delete those spaces.

I also do all my commenting in code land. I've never found DW's "comment"
object very convenient.

DW4's dual view option has greatly simplified this, but I almost always do
it that kind of stuff in TextPad or HomeSite.

David