[thelist] rsi

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Thu Mar 8 09:01:38 CST 2001

Peter,

Usually the pain is caused by something getting inflamed.  You can treat
some of the symptoms by over-the-counter meds like aspirin or ibuprofen (not
tylenol/acetominiphen - reduce fever, but not as effective on inflamed
tissues).  However, these can cause some stomach problems, so don't over do
it!  Rest is best.  I also changed to an articulating keyboard and started
taking a regular dose of Glucosamine/Chondroitin (supposed to help joints).
Did it work?  Well, the problem has subsided and no longer hurts.

Many times the problem will go away by itself, so try to be patient.  Of
course, you should also try to make sure your work area is set up to
minimize the problem.  If, in spite of changes, the problem continues or
gets worse, get professional help.

Norman
www.craftedsolutions.com

<tip>
I find writing or e-mailing my representatives an effective way of
communicating my concerns on a specific issue.  But first I make sure I am
well versed in the issue so I can present a good case either for or against.
</tip>