[thelist] Tweaking Dreamweaver code (was Homesite vs Dreamwe aver)

Ryan Mayberry Ryan at applicor.com
Thu Mar 8 10:26:24 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Fletcher [mailto:mark.fletcher at vtco.com]
I've been following this and the thread entitled WSIWYG editors with a great
amount of interest. I've noticed that many of the list members that use
Dreamweaver still find it necessary to tweak, clean and optimize the HTML
code. Could you tell me which areas of the code do you find it necessary to
make alterations to and why.

I usually don't need to tweak dreamweaver code. But I do prefer to switch
over to homesite when I need to add comments, stylesheets, scripting and
even minor content changes. I also jump to homesite when I need to break a
page template into SSIs.

I think the programs work well as a team. Dreamweaver is great for inserting
and tweaking complex table layouts and HomeSite is great for getting code
happy.

kerkness