IE5/mac disappearing scrollbar (was: Re: [thelist] site crit:iaslash.org)

Michael Angeles angeles at lucent.com
Thu Mar 8 12:18:00 CST 2001

DC wrote:
> That didn't happen to me this time, the page looked good and had
> scrollbars, but I have seen this before. It happens unpredictably,
> but always with pages which use CSS positioning. My impression is
> that the more <divs> there are positioned with CSS, the more likely
> it is to happen, but I can't actually back that up.

that's strange. i've been trying to figure that one out, but haven't been able
to. i can't test on a mac at work so i'm stumped. i guess the best question is,
is this an over-use of technology? i thought it was a helpful addition to have
the navigation follow you as you scroll, but if it means that the page is not
usable or is irritating, then i start to question whether it should stay or not.

thanks for the help on that one, dc.

-m