[thelist] Tweaking Dreamweaver code (was Homesite vs Dreamweaver)

Charles F. Johnson charles at littlegreenfootballs.com
Thu Mar 8 13:34:31 CST 2001

Melissa Phelps Firestone <liss at frameshift.com> typed:

> Most irritating is the
> seemingly arbitrary application of styles - I'm never quite sure whether a
> style is being applied to a div, a span, a td, a paragraph, or what, until I
> try to modify or remove the style and find that I can't because it's been
> applied to three different things, including insane nested spans and the
> like.

melissa,

that drove me crazy for a while too, until i discovered Dreamweaver's little
tag hierarchy list at the bottom left of the work window. this lets you
select exactly which tag you want to work on, and also has a right-click
(contextual) menu that lets you easily apply/remove CSS classes to/from
elements.

this little feature seems to slip by a lot of people, but it's key to using
Dreamweaver well.

charles johnson
lgf web design
http://littlegreenfootballs.com