[thelist] JSP - Execute a perl script like you would with an SSI exec call?

Mark Gregor mark at velir.com
Fri Mar 9 15:00:37 CST 2001

Hi all,

We have this great poll script written in Perl.  The original home for the script was on a Linux box, but the script has now been ported to NT (still in Perl) for use on a site we're building that is entirely JSP based.

In it's previous life, the script itself was called from an HTML page using an SSI exec, like this <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/polls.cgi"--> This would cause the poll to appear in whatever page the SSI exec call was placed in.  However, we're no longer using standard SSIs.

Is there any way to call this cgi script from a JSP page in a similar way?

Thanks!

Mark