[thelist] close connection

Ryan Finley RyanF at SonicFoundry.com
Fri Mar 9 16:53:03 CST 2001

Where are your variables declared?

Perhaps it is falling out of scope in the function, and it's automatically
being closed?

Try declaring the variable outside the functions:

dim objDBConn

Hope this helps...

	Ryan Finley
	President - SurveyMonkey.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Martin [mailto:comitque at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2001 4:48 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] close connection

I keep getting an error when I try to modify a record in my database.  The
update, delete, or add all work; the changes get made, however, I still get
this error:
" ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'

The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is
closed.

/preload.asp, line 47 "

And here are the functions:
Function openConnection ()
	Set objDBConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
	strConn = "[connection string]"
	objDBConn.Open strConn
	Set rsShow = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
	rsShow.ActiveConnection = objDBConn
End Function

Function closeConnection ()
	rsShow.close