[thelist] thinking of a site redesign...

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Fri Mar 9 19:09:29 CST 2001

everyone, thanks for your comments about my site http://pwp.detritus.net/ .

i've been definitely re-considering my use of frames in my redesign -- for
exactly the reasons you describe below.

i've also been going back and forth in my mind re: using flash in the
re-design. but at this point, i am preferring not to. it's something i'll
explore for the future, but i really want to keep plug-in free as much as
possible (quicktime being the only exception due to the fact that i'm
presenting movies and music).

i'll admit my taste is perhaps unusual -- but i like the animated gif
backgrounds. at the same time, everyone's comments have convinced me that i
will do without them in the re-design so as not to repel too many viewers
because of them.

like i say, the only 'client' is me -- so it's easy to fall prey to
self-indulgence. that's why i'm finding this list so valuable. thanks a
bunch!

cheers!