[thelist] Critique: www.completeimaging.com/chris

T.Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Sun Mar 11 21:32:06 CST 2001

At 10:17 PM 3/9/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am new to this list and I was hoping that some of you could take a look at
>a site I am creating and give me some feedback on what you think of it. One
>thing though, don't try and view it using NN4.x because it won't look right.
>Instead, use ie5 - 5.5, NN 6, or Opera 5. I am trying to create it using web
>standards and <div>'s instead of tables.

Well, Chris, don't tell me not to do something cuz that's exactly what I'm
gonna do ;-)

So just for fun, I went in NN 4.5 -- hmmm, very interesting. It was legible
anyway 8-)

Then I went in Opera 5 -- oh, o.k., so the sand hills belong at the bottom
-- but, IMO, you've got the start of a great design, except all the words
are kinda crunched up against the right side of the beige center. I don't
quite understand the point of all the empty beige. Why not put the sand at
the very bottom of the red background outside the beige center? You might
get a better visual flow of the words across the page instead of scrunched
on the right. Also, the sandbox is a nice idea, can you somehow start the
actual sandbox at the top and still carry it through to the bottom? I
actually liked seeing the Sand Box logo overlapping the sand on NN.

15-inch monitor, 800x600 resolution, 56k or thereabouts dialup on Win95.

<tamara />