[thelist] IE-Select box render bug or my bad?

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Tue Mar 13 09:59:13 CST 2001

Believe it or not, using the code you provided doesn't seem to cause the
same rendering bugs that the code I was using caused.  Thank you for your
help.

-joshua

<tip type="Internet Explorer" type="Dynamic Select Elements">
MSDN suggests using CreateElement, innerText, and value combination to
create dynamic OPTIONs for a SELECT box, and removeElement to delete an
OPTION from a SELECT box.  If you follow their code and find that the SELECT
box behaves poorly on insert and delete--as in rendering problems where
options seem to be cut off--try using the Option objects instead.  For
example:

function addItem(email)
{
  var newOption = new Option(email,email);

document.forms[0].myselect.options[document.forms[0].myselect.options.length
]=newOption;
}

function dropItem()
{

document.forms[0].myselect.options[document.forms[0].myselect.selectedIndex]
=null;
}
</tip>