[thelist] OT (?): alistapart.com

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Mar 14 15:40:41 CST 2001

Charles McPhate wrote:
> When I visit alistapart.com, my browser (WinNT4/IE5.5) pops up a dialog box
> that says:
> "This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This is a
> security risk. Do you want to continue." Yes/No
> Clicking "No" (my response) doesn't seem to affect my ability to navigate
> the site. This is the only site I've ever seen this on before.
>
> Does anyone know what's happening here?

I bet that's the following chunk of code, and I suspect you have your
Security level set to "high":

data="javascript:''"><big>This site will look much better in a browser
that supports <a href="http://www.webstandards.org/upgrade/"
target="ala" title="The Web Standards Project's BROWSER UPGRADE
initiative.">web standards</a>, but it is accessible to any browser or
Internet device.</big>
</object></p>

Does that help?

	Joe