[thelist] textarea NN4.x

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 06:31:19 CST 2001

> > I have some large chunks of text for a non-profit entertainment site I'm
> > doing.  I want to be lazy (non-profit you know) and put them in a
>textarea
> > field, which seems to work fine, but in NN4.x when the page loads the
>text
> > field starts at the bottom.
>
>Kyle,
>
>Instead of using the tag textarea why not consider using inline frames
><IFRAME> this IMHO would be a better solution.

IFRAME is not supported by NN4.

As to the original problem: are you on Mac, by any chance? I've seen an
effect once where NN4 Mac scrolled way down the textarea at the earliest
opportunity while Windows and Linux stayed at the top, as I wanted.

So if you're on Mac you can ignore this problem (even though other Mac users
will see it).

ppk