[thelist] SQL - Complex Conditional Join? Help needed.

Joshua OIson joshua at alphashop.net
Sun Mar 18 16:33:28 CST 2001

From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>

> you need a left join, to select rows from the left table no matter what,
> plus rows from the right table if they match
>
> what database are you using?

Thanx Rudy.  It turns out I forgot one important piece of information from
the explaination--It should return rows from the second table only if
another variable, app_id, is NULL.  I ended up figuring it out a few minutes
ago.  I ended up just susing a subselect.  I was trying to do it with joins,
with based on the criteria I don't think is possible with Sybase ASE.

> (if this don't work it's because i'm piss drunk at the moment)

Isn't it Sunday?

Thank you for your help.

-joshua