[thelist] Business practices and Anti-Trust

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Sun Mar 18 19:06:09 CST 2001

> > - The HWG underook significant work in investigating this and
> > concluded that it was a possible risk.
>
> As I mentioned in my last post I think that their information only
> applies to HWG and the fact that is is a legal corporation and the
> members of the list were also members of that corporation
>
> That is definitely not the case in this situation.

Yes, I agree. And I mentioned this in my 4 points. To repeat:

- The HWG underook significant work in investigating this and
  concluded that it was a possible risk.

- The HWG admits they are being conservative in their approach

- The HWG is a professional organization, and evolt is not

- The issue has not been legally tested in regards to an
  international and public mailing list with no membership
  requirements, and we cannot be certain as to how the courts would
  interpret this until such a test is put before the courts

--karl