[thelist] resizing in browswer

phil phil at xlab.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 10:16:52 CST 2001

I think it's a very important skill to be able to design liquid tables,
especially when you are dealing with a large number of variable elements -
browser window size, monitor resolution, font size, etc. and if you are
working with content from a database you can never be sure how much of it
may have to 'pour' into your table cell or page.

I agree that it's a bit frustating if you are set at a high resolution and a
site you are looking stretches out, but with careful alignment of elements,
use of relative widths and table nesting you can pull it off.

It's a bit hit and miss sometimes, but then that's another important skill
for web designers to master. I think it's a great challenge to build a
flexible page and really admire sites that manage it.