[thelist] [mod_perl/Apache::DBI] undefined symbol:

Dean Mah dsmah at home.com
Tue Mar 20 11:02:38 CST 2001

What about DynaLoader and DBI?  You compiled them yourself and they
didn't throw any warnings at all?  The modules will likely compile
even if they throw warnings about the shared libraries not working.
Also, when you compiled Apache (I think), it will try to do something
intelligent for shared library handling, make sure that the
configuration it picks is appropriate for your platform.

ld.so.conf should have the path to wherever your shared libraries are.
So if DBI.so and libperl.so happen to be in /usr/local/apache/libexec,
this path should probably be in ld.so.conf.

Dean