[thelist] Netscape: Why does the table take the background of the table behind it?

sales at iibiz.com sales at iibiz.com
Tue Mar 20 12:55:20 CST 2001

Wait - wait - I've had this happen before and it made quite a mess!

This was a client who wanted a spiral notebook look (yeah I know - yuck).  I
had the "spiral" as the background in the furthest right td all the way down
the page.  Looked great in IE.....thank god I checked it out in NS before I
let him look at it.  It repeated the "spiral" in every td going across the
page.

What I discovered was that in NS, from whatever point in your page you use
an image background in a td, it figures you want it in every td.

I fixed it by creating a little transparent gif, and inserted that as the
background image in the rest of the tds.

Worked!!!

Sandy