[thelist] illustrator paths and points

Matt Wenham matt at mattwenham.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 04:38:52 CST 2001

> Me too! I'm wrestling with using the Bezier tool in Flash (and pretty
> much losing the match).(<:

If I wanted to create mathematically precise beziers for use in Flash,
I'd use something like Saxess Wave:

http://195.14.236.181/wave/index.html

This allows conversion from XML based markup code to SWF format. This
can then be imported into Flash. For Illustrator, you could use SVG to
get the curves you want and then import.

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Overview.htm8

As an aside to this, does anyone know if the Flash 5 format has
introduced true cubic beziers, or are they approximated using quadratic
beziers? This approximation is the approach used by Saxess Wave.

Matt...