[thelist] illustrator paths and points

Natalie Klein nkle at lle.rochester.edu
Wed Mar 21 12:28:22 CST 2001

As someone who has Freehand running all day, every day, I'm in complete
agreement with Rita. Paths are something you just something you "get" after
a while. Keep practicing. You'll show up at your desk one day and have the
hang of it.

I would like to add that Flash is probably not the best place to learn how
to use paths. I've noticed  that Flash 5 still has some of the quirky
drawing things left over from previous versions (minor things that really
annoy me). If it is possible, use Freehand or some other vector software to
do your illustration and then copy and paste into Flash. I've been able
to  ungroup my drawing and do minor edits right in Flash.

Natalie