[thelist] Why you should validate your CSS. (was: sexy aardvark tip)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Mar 21 12:48:28 CST 2001

aardvark wrote:
> Collection of all sorts of Photoshop tutorial links:
> http://members.home.net/2nerotik/PS_Tutorials.html
>
> He (or she) has got some wonky CSS and coloring, but the page
> itself is handy.

A single space in the font declaration for the links:
A:link  { font: bold 11 px Verdana, sans-serif; color: #A8C0C8; }
                     ^^^^^
without that space, it works as the author intended (still wonky, but
not blue on deep blue)

--Breaks the font colors for all anchors on that page in Netscape 4.

Had the person behind this page validated with:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmembers.home.net%2F2nerotik%2FPS_Tutorials.html&warning=1&profile=css2

They would have caught the error and I could appreciate the content.

	- Joe <http://artlung.com>
Joe Crawford ||||||||||||||       mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com