[thelist] AOL and eBay merging??

Ray Hill lists at prydain.com
Sun Mar 25 19:36:58 CST 2001

The other night, I was surfing eBay and the UI suddenly changed.  Above the usual eBay logo was an "AOL Presents:" precursor, and an AOL link banner as well.  And the URL had changed to http://ebay.aol.com/.

A little while later, the UI/URL had gome back to the usual eBay style, but the ebay.aol.com URL still worked (and still does, as of this writing).

Neither AOL nor eBay have any press releases regarding a merger, but the new UI suggests otherwise.

Am I the only one who saw this, or did I miss a memo?

--ray