[thelist] IE 6.0 beta in browser archive...

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 13:40:01 CST 2001

> From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at starkmedia.com>
>
> ya i understand that, but I thought that it was a similar deal to
> NT/98 - that is, an app would run pretty much on one or ther other. so
> the old build that you put up a month ago only runs on one of those
> platforms? which one?

nope, that should run on both, and 98 (perhaps)... the reason is
probably because it's more of the core features... as they build the
UI and all the hooks into the OS (read: security holes), they tend to
prefer to build those OS-specific to get greater control over what
they can do... it also allows them to pass out iterative upgrades to
specific OSes, among other things... this later build probably
includes many of those hooks...

[...]
> crashes, etc.. being the good daughters boyfriend that I am, i wiped
> her drive and replaced it with 98, which works as well as she needs
> for email, web, and solitaire..

best damn thing you could have done...