[thelist] UK e-commerce regulations

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Tue Mar 27 02:14:54 CST 2001

hi all,
back from holiday, and working on a shopping site.

I'm aware of some of the regulations for UK businesses for online  shopping,
but not all. Does anyone know where I can find detailed information?

Specifically: do people have the right to:
  - access / delete the information we gather on them? (if so, which? How
  about shopping history (for which we need to keep records for accounting
  purposes))
  - have a "cooling of" period in which they can undo their orders? (if so
  how long?)
  - what else? return policies?

Thanks for any links!
Peter