[thelist] an array of values in a MySQL table?

phil phil at xlab.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 08:48:20 CST 2001

Is it possible to store an array of values in a field within a row of a
MySQL database table?

The scenario is that I have news articles in a table (news_tbl) which are
pigeon-holed using values from another table (issue_tbl).

Each news article may apply to one or more type of issue (as listed in
issue_tbl) so I thought an array of values would work, but I'm not sure if
it's possible, and if so, how to begin.

The issues are drawn from a separate table to allow new issues to be added
and edited in the future, without affecting the news_tbl.

any thoughts?

cheers,

phil

--