[thelist] Simple question: Checkboxes or Check Boxes

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Tue Mar 27 17:45:31 CST 2001

I thought "checkboxen" was en vogue..  Or is that envogue..  Dammit..  Maybe
"checkboxi"?

pennance...
<tip type="leverage your mother">
Testing a new navigation layout, menu design, site design, etc.?

Have someone who is a "web idiot" (my mom, for example) check the site out.
Give them an objective ("order two blue 3" widgets", or "find the mission
statement") then stand back and watch them go.  Don't offer help unless they
ask for it, and make a note of any difficulties they encounter.  Once it's
all said and done, you should have some valuable end-user perspective.

In my eyes, the less technically savvy they are the better.  If the
beginners can figure it out, the advanced users should be able to fly
through it.

Oh, and you can't use my mother.  Get your own!
</tip>

ugh..  It seems like Monday today for some reason..

Seth

Seth Bienek
Solutions Development Manager
Stonebridge Technologies, Inc.